Nick practices in the areas of business, personal injury and criminal law. He started his career in Southern Maryland clerking for the Honorable Steven G. Chappelle in the Circuit Court for Charles County. After his clerkship he represented the interests of large corporations and insurance companies throughout Maryland and the District of Columbia and has been counsel to two federal agencies. After eight years he returned to Southern Maryland to live and work and he has maintained a practice on Main Street in Prince Frederick, Maryland since 2002.
Mr. Ferrante believes that honest, direct communication with clients is crucial to provide responsive and effective representation. The client’s goals and desired outcomes are discussed at the initial consultation and their progress is updated throughout the course of the matter at regular intervals.
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1995
- University of Maryland, Bachelor of Science, 1992
- Maryland Court of Appeals, June, 1996
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland, April, 1997
- District of Columbia Superior Court, October, 1998
- United States Court of Appeals for Veterans’ Claims, October 2002
- Attorney Grievance Commission, Member, Peer Review Panel, 2016 to Present
- Past Calvert County representative to the Immediate Response Team of the Maryland State Bar Association
- Past chairman of the Young Lawyers Section of the Prince George’s County Bar Association.
- 2012 Maryland Super Lawyers, Baltimore Magazine, General Litigation
- 2015 Maryland Super Lawyers, Baltimore Magazine, General Litigation
- 2016 Maryland Super Lawyers, Baltimore Magazine, General Litigation
- 2017 Maryland Super Lawyers, Baltimore Magazine, General Litigation
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Calvert County Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maryland Trial Lawyers Association
Community and Charitable Activities
- Past member of Calvert County Ethics Commission
- Served on the Calvert County Public School Board Committee to redistrict the Northern elementary schools
- Served as an affiliate member of the Bishop McNamara High School Board of Directors.
- Co-chairman of the Bishop McNamara High School Alumni Golf Tournament for 6 years
- Student project evaluator for the paralegal program at the College of Southern Maryland.
- Served as Judge in the Calvert County High Schools Moot Court Competition.
- Coached youth football, basketball, softball and lacrosse teams
- Nick and his wife Marcie reside in Huntingtown with their four children.