Mrs. Dill’s practice is concentrated in all aspects of Family Law. Creative, knowledgeable, and compassionate are words Jennifer Dill’s colleagues freely use to describe her. While Jennifer is an experienced trial lawyer, it takes much more than technical proficiency to be an effective family law attorney. A quality family law attorney must also be able to understand her clients’ problems and to understand the emotional and human nature of the issues faced by people going through a family crisis. At the same time, however, a good attorney navigates the most direct path to a fair resolution of her client’s case. Jennifer possesses a tremendous ability to be simultaneously understanding and effective.
Mrs. Dill understands the dynamics of family law matters and her goal is to navigate you through the legal system to a successful & positive outcome for you and your family. Her clients come to her at an emotional and often traumatic time in their lives. She and her staff try to work patiently and closely with all clients to deal with their individual concerns and to achieve a successful resolution of each case. They believe an important part of their job is to reduce clients’ fears and anxieties by thoroughly explaining their rights, their options, and the financial and emotional implications that divorce litigation might have on them and their children. Ms. Dill helps you plan for the future and handle the many affairs during an emotional time.
Jennifer is a longtime resident of Southern Maryland. She graduated Cum Laude from St. Mary’s College of Maryland with a Bachelor of Science in Political Science and a minor in Public Policy. She then obtained her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Maryland School of Law, clerked for the Circuit Court for Calvert County, Maryland, and she has practiced law in Southern Maryland ever since.
- Calvert County, St. Mary’s County, Charles County Bar Associations
- Maryland State Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Active Member of the MSBA Family Law Section
- Prior Member of the MSBA Family Law Section Council
Community and Charitable Activities
- Standing Member of the College of Southern Maryland Paralegal Studies Steering Committee
- Past Chair of Calvert County Juvenile Drug Court Steering Committee
- Lecturer for Maryland Institute for Continuing Professional Education of Lawyers
- Past advisor member to the St. Mary’s County Ethics Commission
- Past advisor member to the Board of Education for Calvert County Public Schools
- Pro Bono Attorney for Maryland Volunteer Lawyer Service and Southern Maryland Advocacy Center
- Pro Bono Attorney for Calvert County and Charles County Family Law Pro Se Clinics
- Ms. Dill is often appointed by the local benches to represent children in high conflict custody cases and disabled minors and adults in guardianship matters
- Ms. Dill is often requested by the courts and private counsel to mediate high conflict custody and marital property cases
- Student project evaluator for the paralegal program at the College of Southern Maryland.
- Frequent Judge for the Maryland State Bar Association Statewide Mock Trial Competitions in Calvert County and St. Mary’s County
- Coach/Volunteer Northern Soccer League youth soccer teams